Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Suicide Notes From Beautiful Girls Review


Suicide Notes From Beautiful Girls
By: Lynn Weingarten

They say Delia burned herself to death in her stepfather’s shed. They say it was suicide.

But June doesn’t believe it.

June and Delia used to be closer than anything. Best friends in that way that comes before everyone else—before guys, before family. It was like being in love, but more. They had a billion secrets, tying them together like thin silk cords.

But one night a year ago, everything changed. June, Delia, and June’s boyfriend Ryan were just having a little fun. Their good time got out of hand. And in the cold blue light of morning, June knew only this—things would never be the same again.

And now, a year later, Delia is dead. June is certain she was murdered. And she owes it to her to find out the truth…which is far more complicated than she ever could have imagined.


If somebody ask me to compare this book to another, I would say Gone Girl.  The first half of this story is what it seems, an interesting thriller-mystery and you think you may have figured out what happened. 

Then you get to the second half.  And you get to add psychological in front of thriller.  I hardly knew or understood what was going on.  The story took a complete turn and I still don't know if it was for the better or worse.

It was a little inconsistent to me in the story plot and the direction it took.  It left questions instead of answers and by the end of the book I was thoroughly confused.  I even took to the internet to try to figure out what the heck I just read and was relieved to find others had the same thoughts.

It is a cool ending in the way it makes you think and sort of formulate what you think happened.  Though I really hate those stories at the same time because I like it laid out in front of me.

I would highly suggest the author write a sequel mainly just so I can know what happens.  The love story, the suicide note, everything.  I'm an overly curious person and if you don't tell me something I will find out somehow and won't stop until I do.  So please, for the love of everything, Lynn Weingarten, please write another part to this story. 

Rating: 3/5

“I realize yes, this is done. After all this time, after so much thinking and worrying, clinging so tightly. Just like that, there is nothing to hold on to.”
Lynn Weingarten, Suicide Notes from Beautiful Girls




No comments:

Post a Comment