Monday, May 23, 2016

Anna and The French Kiss Review

Anna and the French Kiss 
By: Stephanie Perkins

Anna is looking forward to her senior year in Atlanta, where she has a great job, a loyal best friend, and a crush on the verge of becoming more. Which is why she is less than thrilled about being shipped off to boarding school in Paris--until she meets Étienne St. Clair. Smart, charming, beautiful, Étienne has it all...including a serious girlfriend. 

But in the City of Light, wishes have a way of coming true. Will a year of romantic near-misses end with their long-awaited French kiss?




I feel almost like Anna right now, writing reviews on my blog.  Except instead of movies its books.  I had heard good reviews on this book but was still skeptical to reading it mainly because of the name.  Anna and the French Kiss.  It sounds almost like a Disney Channel Original Movie, the cheesy and stupid 2015 ones not the 2000 good movies.  But once I dove into it, I was hooked.  
It begins with Anna being forced to move to Paris for the school year, which I could relate to having moved to different states in the course of two years.  Nobody wants to have to start all over, let alone in a new country where they don't speak English.  

I love stories where the characters meet and it's instant chemistry, whether it be friendships, love, or even a hate chemistry.  And Anna and St. Clair is one of my favorites out of them all.  
I'm a sucker for Brits, so put in a cute guy with an accent who calls his mom, "mum," and Anna, "Ah-nah," and I'm in deep.  

This story was so riveting and chalked up with romance, I was constantly smiling through every page.  My heart beat  faster when Anna's did and whenever she laughed I found myself doing the same.  

The only think I didn't enjoy was the petty fights between everyone.  It's not really the story itself, just mostly how I hate how girls "Call" guys, not allowing the guy to even make the decision if he likes one of them, or none.  It gets annoying; stop turning against each other, just chill out, and be nice.  

When it comes down to it all though, I give this book a 4/5.  The diction was beautiful, scenery made me feel like I was in Paris, and the chemistry was divine.  If this book is the closest I'll get to Paris, I am quite content with that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment