Sunday, March 13, 2016

Good Girl Review

        Most of the time at my job at Barnes and Noble is spent looking at books and reading them profoundly when it's dead in the store... or when I'm bored.  Another part of my job description is setting up displays, so to my joy my manager gave me the delight in setting up the Psychological Thriller's Endcap. 
        That's where I found this beautiful gem known as "Good Girl." To be honest I don't get why it's named that, but I guess there's some mystery in that that makes me love the book even more.  
        The plot is about a girl named Mia Dennet who enters a bar to meet with her flaky boyfriend.  When he, once again, doesn't show (or else there wouldn't be any plot) and she is introduced to a new guy.  Colin seems like a good guy, one she can just hump-and-dump so to speak for the night.  But it ends up being the  worst mistake of her life.  
        I could go on to say the rest, but if I go on, I will speak of spoilers and go on a rant about the little clues and the huge plot twists contained in that magical book. 
        Let's just say it involves blackmail, paid-to-kidnap, and dangerous relationships in more than just the main character. 
        I had just finished reading the Girl on the Train and was looking for a book to match the hype it gave me.  Let's just say it surpassed my expectations.  The very last page is my favorite because, you think you know everything and it will all end like that and then BAM.  You are left completely flabbergasted and mind blown.  
        This book takes psychological thriller to a whole new level.  
        Definitely give it a 4/5




No comments:

Post a Comment